Best Web Hosting 2020 Review
- The Best Web Hosting Services 2020 in Short
- Choosing the Best Web Hosting
- Shared, VPS and Dedicated … what do I need?
- Payment or Free?
If you are planning to create a website, you will need a capable and reliable web hosting service that offers market-leading value for money.
Web hosting services are the foundation on which the vast majority of websites are built.
It doesn’t matter if you are a medium-sized company or a local florist. If you want an online presence, then you’ll want to choose the best web hosting for your needs, and that’s where this useful guide comes in.
Also, to explaining what website hosting actually consists of and the steps you should take before choosing yours,
We’ll give you a definitive list of the best web hosting you can get, whether you’re a beginner learning how to create a website for a growing audience,
Or an experienced veteran in the search for these services.
The web hosting service will provide you with the tools to help you build the best possible website for your online business,
Or hobby and make it accessible on the Internet.
The most comprehensive providers will offer a wide range of services:
Dedicated servers and their management, website creation wizards, including email addresses,
Hosting for sites created with WordPress and more.
At the moment the best web hosting provider for 2020 in our opinion are two:
Bluehost and SiteGround,
Regarding Bluehost we love its wide range of features (not to mention its affordable prices)
And it excels when it comes to hosting for WordPress in particular.
SiteGround is another very complete product and is able to serve individuals and companies of all sizes.
In short, you have come to the best resource on the web to choose the best web hosting service. We will give you impartial advice and advanced advice about:
Cheap hosting, shared hosting, website builders and WordPress hosting providers.
In this article we have compared them:
SiteGround VS Bluehost Article
The Best Web Hosting 2020 in Short
Best Web Hosting 2020 – Index of Contents
- Bluehost Web Hosting (Complete Rewiew) – (Official Website)
- Siteground Web Hosting (Complete Rewiew) – (Official Website)
- InMotion Web Hosting (Complete Rewiew) – (Official Website)
- DreamHost Web Hosting (Complete Rewiew) – (Official Website)
- iPage Web Hosting (Complete Rewiew) – (Official Website)
- Flywheel Web Hosting (Complete Rewiew) – (Official Website)
- GreenGeeks Web Hosting (Complete Rewiew) – (Official Website)
- Kinsta Web Hosting (Complete Rewiew) – (Official Website)
- CloudWays Web Hosting (Complete Rewiew) – (Official Website)
Choosing the Best Web Hosting 2020
Best Web Hosting 2020 – Our Essential Advice Before You Get Started
We have examined (and reviewed) more than 100 free and paid web hosting providers,
So we know what makes these services “better”.
From our experience, these are the five most important things to remember when making your choice:
- You always get what you pay for:
- If your website was created for hobbies, this should not matter. But, from a commercial point of view, it is often a false saving to opt for the cheapest, or worse, free offer.
- Pay attention to the price trick:
- The vast majority of web hosting providers offer low prices at the beginning of their contracts, and then increase them after the end of the promotional period. This can happen 24, 36 or even 60 months after registration. Always look for the full cost of the service, without discounts or trial periods.
- How reliable is it?
- Almost anyone can pretend to be a real website hosting and resell someone else’s products. So, look at how long they have been around, if they have a contact address, who they belong to, if they are making realistic promises, etc. Google could help you in this kind of search.
- Know your limits
- How comfortable do you feel about creating a website? Do you need external help to understand the many ramifications (including legal and commercial ones) that publication involves?
- Consider online website creation services
- You don’t need web hosting to be online and the tools to create an online website offer an interesting and exciting alternative. But, you cannot move content if you want to change hosting due to the proprietary nature of the publishing service.
For further help on the choice of web hosting, the parameters to check etc… read this other article:
- Unlimited bandwidth: Yes
- Hosting WooCommerce: Yes
- Free Domain: Yes
- Support 24×7: Yes
- Easy to use but powerful
- Automated configuration for WordPress
- Basic Website Creation service included
Bluehost is a Utah-based company owned by the web giant Endurance International Group (EIG).
It offers basic shared hosting from $3.29 per month,
The Plus plan from $4.96 per month,
The Choice Plus plan from $5.80
And finally the PRO plan with more features and more performance at $11.63 per month.
You will get an automated configuration for WordPress,
Not to mention other very popular applications, through a system based on Mojo Marketplace.
There is also a cPanel-based area to allow expert users to change the various settings.
Bluehost provides a website builder based on Weebly.
This service will allow you to create a website of up to six pages, but templates and templates of the various websites are not included. It’s better than nothing,
Considering that other features are coming soon and the online site builder is included with the basic account.
There is also good customer support and the end result is a mix of
User-friendly services along with good power,
And various editing possibilities for more advanced users.
- Extremely flexible
- Integrated CDN and daily backups
- Value offer
- Super fast network
- 100% balanced renewable energy
- Persistent SSD storage
The WordPress Managed Startup Hosting Plan from SiteGround, so, has a few extra features:
Users receive 10 GB of disk space and site management via the control panel.
Also, unlimited bandwidth, email addresses, databases and FTP accounts are offered.
Among the most interesting aspects,
We mention the advanced spam filter, free access to Let’s Encrypt SSL, daily backups and an integrated Cloudflare CDN.
This plan is more expensive than the low-end competition,
But prices remain competitive, starting at $5.99 per month for a year.
- Excellent performance
- Excellent technical support
- Hosting based on cPanel and Softaculous
- NEW UltraStack servers (improved performance and speed)
This popular web hosting is a respected and professional service,
In business for over 15 years, with a wide range of offers, including shared hosting from a few dollars a month.
What’s interesting is that InMotion Hosting includes some pretty interesting extras in its plans,
Services for which other providers often charge extra costs,
Including protection against malware and DDoS attacks,
Spam-safe email and a basic backup system, with plans starting from $2.49 per month.
InMotion provides both cPanel and Softaculous with its hosting,
And another strength is first-rate technical support in case you get stuck. In our tests, we found that the performance levels of this company are well above average,
Which, is good news for those who want to get great performance for their websites.
In short, there is a lot to appreciate and the prices are very attractive,
With the icing on the cake of a 90-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the service.
- Fast, Secure & Always Up
- Advanced, Easy-to-Use Panel
- Zero-Risk, 97-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth & Storage
- Free Migration
- FREE Privacy Protection
Whether you’re a blogger, small-business owner, web designer, or developer,
DreamHost makes it easy to start your online journey off on the right foot. Shared web hosting solutions are an easy-as-pie way to get a great website up and running.
Plus, with so many robust features DreamHost adding:
A domain, SSL certificate, professional email address, and privacy protection for free.
Shared Hosting gives you everything you need to succeed online (without breaking the bank).
Yes! The DreamHost Shared Hosting Base plan starts at only $2.59 per month,
While the unlimited version of the Base plan costs only $4.95 per month.
- Unlimited disk space
- Scalable bandwidth
- Unlimited domain names allowed
- Unlimited MySQL databases
- Mobile optimized site builder
- Hundreds of templates and themes
- Get $200 worth of FREE ad credits for search engines such as Google and Bing.
iPage has been in the web hosting business for almost 20 years.
The company states that they host over 1 million websites on their platform.
With a focus on small business, iPage’s promotional materials emphasize ease of use. Their goal is to make it simple for hobbyists, e-commerce entrepreneurs,
And non-profits to develop an online presence.
If you’re a beginner or small business looking for bargain-priced web hosting, then iPage has probably come across your radar.
This host offers entry-level and business hosting, plus basic marketing services.
iPage is promoting a very attractive offer on its main Hosting plan, a 64% discount offer at only $2.99 per month,
- FREE domain registration
- 1,000s of free templates
- email address
- 24/7 support
- site builder
- SSL Certificate
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- FREE domain transfer
Plus $500 in extras
- Blazing-fast site speed: Get impressive load time on every site, backed by the Google Cloud Platform. No configuring needed
- Free CDN + custom caching: Add a CDN to your site and rest assured WordPress-specific caching (FlyCache!) is making your site fly.
- Powerful dev tools: Platform features built-in tools to speed up site creation, for solo creators and teams
- Hacker-free security: Flywheel keep your sites safe and secure. And if they do get hacked, They clean ‘em up for free
- Staging for every site: Make changes in a test environment before going live, without setting up servers or plugins.
Flywheel is a WordPress-exclusive managed cloud hosting provider. With its rich advanced features,
The provider is perfect for agencies, freelancers, and developers. It is easy enough for beginners who need powerful hosting, too. Prices range from $13/month to $242/month. You can also customize a plan according to your needs.
In exchange for the premium prices,
Flywheel offers various features that are designed to enhance and optimize the WordPress experience.
All Flywheel’s plans include:
- FlyCache: Flywheel’s custom caching technology
- CDN powered by Fastly
- SSL certificates by Let’s Encrypt
- 35 StudioPress themes and Genesis Framework
- Auto-healing technology in case there is a service failure
- Workflow tools including:
- blueprints, staging sites, cloning, demo sites, automatic nightly backups, and collaboration features
- Free migrations
- SSD Storage Arrays: Solid State RAID-10 Storage Arrays for fast page loads and maximum redundancy.
- Best Speed Technologies: The latest in speed tech: LiteSpeed, LSCache, MariaDB, HTTP/2, PHP7 and free CDN.
- Built-in Scalability: Easily scale computing resources when you need it. Seamlessly upgrade your hosting.
- Advanced Security: GreenGeeks keep your websites secure with custom security rules & zero-day vulnerability fixes.
- Stable Hosting Platform: Container technology, account isolation, pro-active monitoring and daily backups.
GreenGeeks was founded in 2008 by Trey Gardner,
and they’ve now shot up to hosting over 300,000 websites (with data centers in the U.S., Canada, and the Netherlands).
GreenGeeks has made the bold claim of guaranteed 99.90% uptime. Have they been able to live up to that claim?
Yes. Our in-depth, 24-month analysis backs this up, showing an average uptime of 99.98%.
During the 24 months of tracking, GreenGeeks had a total of only 4 hours of downtime (46 outages). They have performed especially well in the past 12 months,
Keeping the uptime in most months between 99.98-100%.
GreenGeeks‘ basic plan starts at $2.95 per month and goes all the way up to the $11.95 per month Premium plan.
Your website will be 300% green when hosted on GreenGeeks platform.
- Premium features on all plans
- Free Migrations
- Kinsta use state-of-the-art technology like Nginx, PHP 7.4, LXD software containers, MariaDB, and compute-optimized VMs to make sure your website loads in the blink of an eye.
- Featuring complete resource isolation, automatic scalability, and high availability.
- Active and passive measures to stop attacks and malicious intent in its tracks.
- Continuous monitoring for uptime, DDoS attack detection, software-based restrictions, SSL support, and hardware firewalls.
- Bottom line: your site is monitored and secured 24/7.
Since they were founded in 2013,
Kinsta have been working to become the hosting provider of choice for WordPress users,
Who are prepared to look beyond marketing campaigns,
And low prices to find a fast and secure home for their website.
That’s not to say the $30-per-month entry-level plan from Kinsta
Isn’t competitive compared with other premium managed WordPress hosts,
It’s that this isn’t low-cost budget hosting.
What you get for your money is managed WordPress hosting.
This means not only take care of some aspects of managing a WordPress website for you,
but they also host your site in an environment that’s optimized for WordPress websites.
- Simplicity and Choice
- Worry-Free Experience
- Performance That Scales
- Free Migration
Cloudways is a cloud platform hosting company that offers easy-to-use application hosting options,
So, you can focus on web application development and your business while they focus on hosting.
The company claims to offer a one-stop-shop for all application hosting needs,
Focusing on simplicity and ease of use.
They have worked with many companies,
Providing hosting for their applications and have a wide range of customers from around the world. With servers in Spain and Dubai, they definitely focus on a global clientele.
As a cloud-based application hosting company,
Cloudways offers managed cloud hosting options,
That will allow you to manage your applications and focus on your business,
Rather than running the site or application itself. Their managed hosting services include, to name a few,
Magento, WordPress and Joomla,
And they also offer many extra services,
Such as email, DNS and load testing,
To deliver superior quality services according to your needs.
Shared, VPS and Dedicated … what do I need?
In a shared hosting service, a user shares a server with other sites and web hosting accounts,
With other customers of the service. As cheap as it is, shared hosting is useful for smaller websites, those that do not use a lot of bandwidth resources.
Virtual Private Servers (VPS) or Cloud Servers allow you to scale resources as and when you need them,
Rather than being limited by a physical server. They draw from a group of variable processing power,
Memory and storage according to your needs.
With a dedicated server,
You’ll have the entire server for your use and consumption with significantly faster performance. But you’ll have to pay extra and be responsible for maintenance.
Payment or Free?
Everyone loves “zero cost” services and it is not surprising that free web hosting plans are very popular,
But unless you plan to use them to learn how to program or create your own website,
We do not recommend using a free web hosting service.
We do not recommend this kind of service for business purposes, especially because of potential problems you may create.
Unlike free software, services (web hosting or VPN) cost money to maintain.
With free platforms, expect many limitations, from disk space to bandwidth.
No SSL certificate will be included,
Which is an indispensable feature for running a proper corporate website. You will not have regular backups and some will even shut down your website for an hour a day.
Instead, we recommend that you Whichtake a look at our list,
Because there are also the most interesting offers available.
Best Web Hosting 2020 – Conclusion
In conclusion, many subscriptions include a wide range of options that may or may not interest you,
Including mailing lists, control panel, ability to create online stores,
Simple website creation tools and various levels of support (for example through the phone or online chat).
Whether you are looking to create a website for yourself,
For your small business today or in the future,
A simple online store or want to save money by transferring to a cheaper web hosting provider,
We can help you with this choice.
The choice of hosting is very important:
You have to try to get the best and most appropriate solution you can afford.
If you have any doubts or concerns do not hesitate to write to us below in the comments,
Let us know your experience on the article
If you liked the article and want to share it with your friends (you would do us a big favor 🙂 ) you can find links to the main socials here on the right.
If you want to receive Free Guides and Reviews by email, you can find the contact form always on the right-hand side
Thanks for your attention!
We have decided NOT to MONETIZE the site with advertising banners to give you a more relaxed and stress-free navigation.
We hope that our choice is appreciated, support us if interested using the links on the site to keep it active with always new offers
This page contains affiliate links whereby we get a commission on referring a service.
There’s no extra cost to you, but does support our site and could entitle you to exclusive offers.